A new version of Tea Timer has just been released. It fixes as a few bugs and has two small new features:
- It now displays the current version number on the website.
- It can handle multiple instances of the widget, each with different settings. One side effect of this is, that each new instance starts with its built-in default settings. If you don’t close and reopen your widget every hour, this should not be a problem. ;-)
One feature I did not add, was a way to easily add more background colors. Since each background has its own image, you can’t easily add a box for a hex color code. But if you realy want more or different colors, here is a quick guide to achive this.
- Clone the Tea Timer repository or just download the latest version.
- Open the bundle TemplateWidget.djproj with Dashcode.
- You can find the image unter TemplateWidget/front/frontImg. Adjust its size to 320×120px and color it as you want.
- Copy the image to clipboard, pasted in your favourite editor and save it in the Widgets image folder (Tea Timer.wdgt/Images/) as Front_mycolor.png.
- Open Tea Timer.wdgt/TeaTimer.html in a text editor. Around line 65 you’ll find the options for all colors. Add your color there:
... <option value="silver">Silver</option> <option value="mycolor">My Color</option>
- Save and exit the editor.
- Install the new version by double clicking on it.
- That’s it. Ask if you have any questions. :-)
[Update] Tea Timer does not run under Mac OS X 10.4. I forgot to change this at my last submission to Apple and now I have to wait until I release the next version.