This blog is now run by Django. I didn’t really like Wordpress which I used before. And also I don’t like PHP anymore (I really liked it some years ago, but everything changed, when I learned Python …).
When I told a friend that I wanted to switch from Wordpress to something else, he just said: «Use Django.» So I took a look at the Tutorial and was instantly thrilled.
At first, I wanted to use an existing weblog app, but I also wanted to code an app for my own and since I din’t find a weblog app that I 100% liked, I just decided to write my own. So here it is (far from finished though)!
Features so far:
- Basic post model (title, slug, pub date, modify date, status, category, HTML body)
- Post manager for post counts (per year, month, category (and tag))
- Hierarchical category model – imho, this is the highlight of my app.
- Archive and Categories
- Some special template tags.
- Usage of a recursive template tag for the categories
- Unit- and doctests for the models and template tags
Features to come:
- Atom feeds
- Static pages
- Trac integration for my projects
- Last.fm sidebar widget
- Tags for posts (via django-tagging?)
- CKEditor integration
- Pygments integration
- Improved image/media support for posts
- Admin actions for posts (e.g. change status and category)
- Preview function for new posts
That’s it so far. When I have Trac running, I’ll also publish the source of my applications. :-)